Monday, February 13, 2012

I got suckered in

So...I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  I know, I know...please don't hate me for it.  It has nothing to do with relationship status, I was this way dating then single then dating then....well, you get the picture.  Every year my husband looks at me with his serious face and says "ok, I'm really not doing anything for Valentine's Day so this isn't just woman speak for 'I want you to surprise me' right?"  And I assure him I would like nothing more than for the day to pass without my even noticing it (which actually happened 2 years ago. Best. V-Day. Ever!)

What can I say, my mother was extremely vocal about her belief that if you love someone you should tell them every day not just the 14th of February (and yet she is the only one who gives me a Valentine every year).

However, this year I have been forced to play nice with the confetti slinging cupid.  Work is having a bake sale to benefit the Human Race.  Drat!  I can't argue with charity. So, I grabbed my wax lips, put on my smiley face and whipped up a batch of "just add milk" mini cheesecakes.  Then, I decided to add a strawberry heart topping and viola...I'm a step up from store bought red and pink sugar cookies.

Not too shabby for someone who hates this over-commercialized holiday thank you very much!

No comments: