Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LOTR Readalong - The Two Towers: Middle


Here we are with another check-in for the LOTR Readalong. Teresa at Shelf Love is hosting this month, check out her post for some discussion questions. I am through the first half of The Two Towers (also known as Book 3) and I think my love for it has gone to a whole new level. I am so addicted and I love it.

As I have mentioned before, I have seen the movies in pieces on TV, some parts multiple times, but I don't have a great memory of most of it. Sadly, I have a feeling that this book is going to ruin the movie for me. I know that this book differs the most from the movie and I am so in love with the book I am already appreciating what I remember of the movie less and less.

I knew I loved Merry and Pippin but I didn't realize how much I was going to miss them while they were with the Ents and we were with the rest of the company. I was so happy when they were finally reunited. I love the moment we find them guarding/sleeping/smoking. They are so chipper and in the loop. I love that they have information to share with the rest of their company.

Then there are the Ents. Oh how I love the Ents. Fangorn and all his Hrum Hooming is glorious. And his list of all the creatures he knew of that didn't include hobbits was priceless. I think that was one of my favorite parts in the book. I hope they find their Entwives because I don't know how that part of the story ends and I really want them to have some happy Ent lovin'.

I am sad that Book 3 is over and I am moving on from the Ents for a while but happy happy joy joy it's Gollum time!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

The first time I read LOTR, I was sure the Ents were going to find the Entwives. I mean why mention it if they never found them? (I thought) I was crushed when the book ended and the Entwives had still not been found.

Teresa said...

It was so much fun to see Merry and Pippin being the ones with the knowledge (and the excellent pipeweed)! There's so much to love about this whole section of the book.

SpiritPhoenix said...

I really love the Ents too. Even though I've never read the books. LOL.

Just wanted to let you know. I awarded you the Beautiful Blogger award. I love your posts! In fact, you're one of the few that has really pushed me to start reading for pleasure again. Thanks!

http://thefiredeepwithin.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-blogger-awardme-really.html

Beth F said...

Who wouldn't love the Ents. The movie makes the Hobbits to be nothing more than stupid, shallow children -- but the Hobbits of the book shows their true strength.