Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday Surprises = Happiness


I did something awful and wonderful yesterday.  I chopped up a book.  Yep, took a razor blade to it and chopped it right to pieces.  You are obviously asking..."umm why would you do that dummy, you are supposed to be hoarding them not chopping them up!"  To that I would have to say, I wasn't going to hoard it anyway because it is a gift...so there!

So here is what happened...

The finished product
I came across some fantastic wands from Etsy and I HAD TO HAVE ONE!  Well, I also had to get one for my BFF who just had a birthday and I started thinking about how I was going to wrap the wand.  I decided on a Harry Potter book safe of course!

I found a used book online (I love my BFF but I was not going to use one of my personal copies to chop up...she will understand, it's why we're friends) and last night I went to work hacking away.  It was sad but I ended up with a pretty snazzy stack of HP pages which I decided to use as wrapping paper.  Yes, a book was harmed in this process but no part went unused!

I am pretty in love with the whole thing and can't wait for her to open it.  I went back on Etsy and of course there are NEW wands that I want need but I think I am going to have to wait.  Sadness!

Wrapped and ready to go




Check out Alexz and the awesomeness that she has created.
Spooky Pooky Creations on Etsy 
Alexz's blog Spooky Pooky Creations

Warning: I can't be held responsible the money you are going to want to hand over to her...but I bet it will be worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky BFF! This is a wicked cool idea and now I want a wand for myself.

Believe it or not, I cut up a book only it was one of those old ones from Goodwill or something. I pasted all the pages together, then sprayed it gold and placed a ring inside for a little LOTR display for my store. Ya, I'm a nerd.

Jenny said...

Looks awesome! Your BFF is extremely fortunate. I kind of want to do this same thing, except of course I know that I'd mess it up and probably cut off my fingers by accident.