Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tighter - Adele Griffin

Tighter
Tighter
By Adele Griffin

I am a bit confused by this book. It’s not the story that is confusing me but my feelings towards it that are the problem. I found myself rushing through it because I wanted to know how it was going to end but I was also constantly annoyed and confused by the story.

Jamie is seventeen and working as an au pair for the summer at a house that has some mysterious things going on. I think my biggest issue was that Jamie had a pill addiction and it was a constant subject throughout the book but it was never really addressed as an issue. Pill popping was basically a part of her personality but aside from a few minor instances there weren’t any real consequences.

The thing that kept me interested was that I could just tell that there was more and that was why I wanted to get to the end. There was an interesting twist like I was expecting. I may have seen it coming if I wasn’t so wrapped up in all the things that were bothering me about the story but I didn’t catch it until I was one line away.

I will definitely say that this is one of those books that would be better the second time around when you know how it ends and you can look more deeply into certain parts. I found myself going back and rereading parts to see how Griffin pulled it off but there were still some twists that left me unsatisfied.

**Source: Amazon Vine

1 comment:

Alyce said...

I received this book as an unsolicited review copy, and I haven't had time to read it yet. It's not my normal type of reading though, so I just don't know if it's one I will like.