Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinder - Marissa Meyer


 Cinder (Lunar Chronicles)
By Marissa Meyer

When I first heard about Cinder, I was intrigued by the idea.  I mean, a cyborg Cinderella story…heck yes!  But there were also so many ways this story could disappoint.  Well it didn’t.

Prince Kai is dreamy, Cinder’s step-mother is awful, and her fairy-godmother is more of a cute old man scientist.  All that was missing were some friendly animals…which came in the form of a cyborg buddy.  Anyway…there is this plague that is killing people off left and right and Cinder just wants to get the hell away from her step-family and they just want to go to the ball at the palace and it’s all interesting and captivating and then the end gets GOOD!  And okay, I wish one thing had happened before the book with a not-too-cliff-hangery cliff-hanger but the rest of it is all there so I’m okay with it.  I’m also hoping it will happen in the next book and I don’t have to wait until the end of the series for it because that always sucks. 

**Source: Review copy

No comments: