Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not the post I was expecting to write

I was planning on telling you about the sweetest most cutest book I read recently but I had a really bad day today and am so grumpy that I would probably ruin the post so instead I am just going to tell quickly about the first time I have REALLY missed my cable.

On my drive home today my mom told me that breaking news cut into the Friends rerun she was watching because there was a fire in San Bruno.  At the time they thought it might be a plane crash (it is only a could miles from San Francisco Airport) but as I was talking to her they discovered it was actually a gas leak.  Many of you have probably already heard about it because it is all over the news by now but it killed me that I couldn't just turn on the TV and see what was going on.  Luckily the internet was already on it.  It is quite incredible:


Photos from The New York Times

My thoughts are going out to San Bruno, including some of my family members.

3 comments:

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

WOW..those pictures tell all.

Stepfordmomto2 said...

The Huffington Post has some incredible pictures. Reminded me of the Oakland Hills fire several years ago. Literally, it looks like a bomb went off. Heartbreaking.

miss macri said...

you guys need to get one of the new "rabbit ears". They cost around $50 bucks and then you get all local stations, therefore you get breaking news! we got ours at radio shack - it is kind of a must!!!