Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year (plus one day...)

I can’t believe 2010 is over and the challenges I signed up for are so lacking. Not only did I read less books than I wanted to but I also completely lost focus on the books I needed to WIN those challenges. Moral of the story: I’m a big challenge loser. The good news is that I have learned a very important lesson…my eyes are bigger than my stomach. It’s amazing how that is true of both food and books. My resolution for 2011:

Be more realistic!

I got ahead of myself because I saw all these awesome challenges I wanted to be part of and my thought process when something like this: “Wow look at that awesome challenge, I’m going to sign-up for it right now, and I know that I am going to love it so I may as well sign-up for the highest tier (biggest number of books).” Well that was dumb but at least I know what I did wrong. 

There were 2 challenges that I knew I wanted to sign-up for but then I finally said screw that!  At this point I know I'm just going to stress over it, which is insanely stupid since they are supposed to be FUN.  So, as of right now, I am heading into the year challenge free and my plan is to really focus on reading what I want, in a timely fashion and getting my reviews up, also in a timely fashion. 

Resolution #1: Be more realistic.
Resolution #2: Focus!
And finally, read lots...have fun...tra la la la...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope that you meet all your goals and challenges, reading or otherwise, in 2011.