Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Possible Facelift

Me: a book hoarder
I have been thinking about changing my blog layout for some time now, playing around with different ideas.  I am a creature of habit so any change is difficult for me and I knew it was going to be a long process.  I was thinking about creating my own headline because I have pieces of an image in my head of what I want, I'm just having trouble getting them out.

My very elementary sketch
I'm quite possibly one of the least artistic people you will ever meet so my doodles amounted to nothing.  My brother is actually really talented with comic style drawings.  When we were growing up, he would draw all the time and I was always so jealous.  He gets it from my grandma who was an amazing artist.  You can actually see a couple of her pictures hanging in our living room in the first picture of this Harry Potter Party  post

A bit blurry but still hilarious!
But I digress, after my awful doodles I texted my brother to see if he would consider putting his talent to my uses with doodles of his own.  He was at work and one of his work friends thought it was a hilarious idea.  I sent him a couple of my ideas, explaining that in the first one my idea was was hoarding a stack of books that a little kid was trying to grab and I was kicking him away. They thought this was pretty funny and his coworker actually drew a couple things that my brother sent to me.  Although I don't think they will end up being a permanent part of my layout (but who really knows) I still HAD to share them with you.


The book falling off the top of the pile is Harry Potter!

This one took me some time to figure out.  I didn't know why the girl was holding a monkey and even after my brother told me it was a kid with a hat it took me 5 minutes of staring at it to see anything but a monkey and realize the kid has head down and he was being held by his backpack.

5 comments:

oliveverlyblog said...

Ooh new blog design! I am so a.d.d with mine - I blame it on the kids :) look forward to seeing some Ross art!

Anonymous said...

I see a monkey wearing sandals.

I love changing layouts. I have so many ideas for mine but it takes too much time to customize the background.

Amy said...

It took me a while to change mine too. I decided that if I hated the changes I made I would just go back to my old layout. In the end I was happy but I agonized slightly over it too. :-) Good luck!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I like this layout you have here :) It is fun to change things up though...right? Like new paint!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Good luck sorting out a new layout. I do like the easy on the eyes color you use now. Have fun

BTW...Regarding my Book of Lies review...yes there was a lot going on in that book, but it's not too hard to follow.