Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cold weather moments

I can't tell you how much I wish I had a photo to post with this story but since it is my mom's story and she isn't as camera phone obsessed as me (though she is getting there) you will have to use your imagination. This is an email she sent out to the family on Friday. We've been having lows in the 20s which may not be absurd for some parts if the country but we Northern California folk are struggling. Observe...

For those of you who are not here in Sonoma County it's 26 degrees this morning and supposed to snow tonight at our house.

So today I have to go to a customers house so I figured I better have a shiny clean car.  So I always go to the touch free car wash where you drive in and it gets washed and blower dried so you don't even have to get out of the car and can drive away clean and dry.

So at the point where my car was completely covered with soap to the point where I couldn't see out the of the windows I heard two loud clunks and the car wash thing broke and stopped spraying water.  So my car was covered with soap.  I said a couple of choice words and drove to the do it yourself washing option which they also have at the same car wash.  Put in more money and attempted to spray the soap off of my car but the water and soap just froze on my car.  It was a lovely drive to work.  Leaving shortly to go to another car wash and head to Oakland.  That's my morning story to share.  

Oh I love my mom.

No comments: