Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Let's Catch Up

It feels like forever since I actually posted one of those things that I actually posted one of those things I started this blog for...what's it called...oh yeah a book review.  I was in a slump...a bad one.  One in which I either picked up a book to read and didn't get into it or got so into it that I decided it would be better for me to put it off until I could really enjoy it.  Lame right?  And the thought of actually writing about one of the books I managed to finish did not sound appealing. I mean procrastinating on the review part was one of the reasons I would put down a book I knew I would want to share with you. 

Well I'm coming back tomorrow with a review. I'm excited to tell you about The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist and hopefully there will be more to come after that because I have just felt so chatty about the books I have been reading.  It feels so nice again.

In my time of the Review Funk I read some new books and also enjoyed a few rereads.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor played a big part in turning my mood around (my original review here).  I found I have unknowingly set myself on a 13 month schedule of reading it.  Funny.

I may do a few mini reviews, reviewlettes if you will, for the other books I have read...or not, we'll see how it goes. I am also in the middle of How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, catching 15 min here and there, and I can already tell I am going to be chatty about this one. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments: