Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Greener Reader


This morning I came across a great campaign on Alyce's blog At Home with Books. She, along with 99 other bloggers, will be taking part in Green Books Campaign.

Green Books Campaign brings together 100 bloggers who each pick a "green" book to read. Then, on November 10th they will all post their reviews. This is all being put on by Eco-Libris, a company working towards making reading more planet friendly. You can donate $1 and they will plant a tree to replace a book you read. They also work with publishers and authors to produce eco-friendly books.

This is a great way to give a little back for all the books we go through (yes, I am aware my book hoarding habits are not eco-friendly...I'm working on it). I can't wait to read all the reviews on Nov. 10th. A list of the participating blogs can be found on the Eco-Libris campaign website.

I also came across and interesting article about e-readers on the Eco-Libris Blog. It takes a deeper look at a report that found the Kindle to be greener than books and discusses when that is most likely, and more importantly, often not the case.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm doing the green tour too!