Wednesday, November 18, 2009

South Asian Author Challenge



There is a great new challenge being hosted by Swapna at S. Krishna's Books. The South Asian Author Challenge is a great challenge to get people reading books buy South Asian authors (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka). There were a few books that I knew I would put on a list if I participated, so I'm signing up.

I am going to read 7 books. With the books I have in mind right now I will have a few spots for extras I find along the way. The challenge is going to run January 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010 so I am going to just strew them throughout the year.

Possible books for my list so far:

Saffron Dreams by Shaila Abdullah
Haunting Bombay by Shilpa Agarwal
The Sari Shop Widow by Shobhan Bantwal
A Disobedient Girl: A Novel by Ru Freeman
The Girl from Foreign: A Memoir by Sadia Shepard

Check it out and sign up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I always feel like I'll add others along the way.

The Girl from Foreign looks very interesting!