Friday, October 17, 2014

Finally...Readathon

I have wanted to be a part of Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon basically since I started this blog but up until two months ago every job I had since I started working at age 15 has required me to work Saturdays and I have had to miss out on the apparent joys of the readathon. When I finally realized I would have the day off and be able to participate, I was so excited...and then my husband came home and told me he bought concert tickets for us.

Sweet thought, bad timing.

Well the poor guy has come down with a terrible cold and though I feel so bad for him, I'm secretly (not so secretly) relieved that our tickets are apparently going to waste. I did a last minute sign-up on my lunch break today and then I even made the giant leap onto Twitter and spent the night lost in feed.

So, my first readathon is last minute thrown together but I'm partaking and that is what counts and I can't wait. I'm sure it is going to be a learning process in what to read and what to eat but that just means that I get to perfect it for next time. Here's my stack:


I have already started a few of them and added them to the pile with the hope that the readathon will give me the push I need to get deeper into them.

The Diviners by Libba Bray
The Returned by Jason Mott
Raising My Rainbow by Lori Duron
Mozart and the Whale by Jerry and Mary Newport
Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Some Halloweenish reads:
The First Fear by R.L. Stine
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Dark Souls by Paula Morris
Raven Girl by Audrey Niffenegger

And comics to break up my time:
Captain America 
Buffy

See you tomorrow for updates throughout the day!

No comments: