Sunday, January 24, 2010

LOTR Readalong-The Hobbit Continues


Time for the half-way through the month check-in with Eva and my favorite readalong. Ok, so it’s my only readalong but obviously it is my favorite.

Well, I am about two thirds of the way through the book and I AM LOVING IT!!! Every new chapter is such happiness and memories that I didn’t even know I had. BUT, I do have a confession…

I have to admit that I am skipping the songs. I’ll skim them a bit, but nothing more than that. I think the problem is the people who are listening to the audio. I keep reading posts about how the songs are sung and I got jealous. I decided that the next time I experience The Hobbit it will be in audio format so I can fully appreciate the songs. The only thing is that it gives me less desire to read the songs this time around, so I am instead passing them up until I can fully appreciate them.

I think my favorite scene is when they meet Beorn and the dwarves keep coming in 2 at a time. I love it and literally crack up every time they appear.

Is it strange that Gollum is my favorite character? Even though he doesn’t have a lengthy role in this book, I love him. He is the reason I ever gave the LOTR movies a chance. He is so creepy and obsessive and twisted…and what does it say about me that I love him? Oh well, I don’t care.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I loved re-reading The Hobbit. My favorite chapter was the one when Bilbo met Gollum so don't worry, you aren't the only one who finds Gollum interesting!